Centrally controlled security protection against viruses, worms, trojans and potentially unwanted programs combined with desktop firewall protection against intrusions and hacking.
- Anti-Virus protects from viruses, worms and trojans
- Firewall provides individual security against hackers
- Central administration of all features, including desktop firewall, updates, and scheduling
- Reduces administrator workload and security costs
- New program versions and updates, for free, throughout the license duration
- Quality proven by all major antivirus certifications (VB100%, ICSA, West Coast Labs Checkmark)
- 24/7 technical support provided at no extra cost
- Complete solution that provides protection for desktops, notebooks, and file servers
- Improved virus detection based on better heuristics and NTFS data streams scanning
- Automatic firewall profile switching for improved security and usability
Improved user interface
Fully centralized control - All features of AVG, including the desktop firewall, can be centrally managed, ensuring full security for all networked computers. Features include:
- Remote installation and repair
- License management
- Centralized configuration
- Ability to enforce company anti-malware security policy
- Centralized or distributed updating options
- Graphical reports
100% virus detection - AVG¡¯s scanning engine has received numerous awards for its excellent detection of "in the wild" viruses, including the VB100% award. Its unique combination of detection methods provides full protection against viruses, worms and trojans.
Full on-access protection - The powerful AVG Resident Shield provides maximum protection by scanning every file opened, executed, or saved. It also prevents the opening or executing of infected files.
Flexible intelligent scanning - The AVG Resident Shield can include/exclude files from being scanned based on individual file extensions and can handle exceptions for potentially unwanted programs, such as adware.
Full e-mail protection - AVG checks every e-mail sent or received, providing full protection from e-mail-borne threats. AVG supports all leading e-mail clients, including MS Outlook, The bat!, Eudora, and all other SMTP/POP3-based e-mail clients, such as Outlook Express. Encrypted connections using SSL are also supported.
Automatic threat handling - AVG can automatically heal or remove infected files and other threats such as trojans and worms.
Control over all network access - The AVG Firewall monitors all communication to and from the computer, blocking external attacks and preventing trojans from exporting confidential data. The AVG Firewall configuration wizard automatically creates access rules for all popular software. In addition the firewall can switch profiles automatically, based upon the current conection type, ensuring seamless changeover for notebooks.
Powerful scheduling - AVG automatically provides recommended daily schedules for scanning and updating, and also allows you to create custom-scheduled events.
Multiple language support - No need to buy a special language version.
Minimum system requirements:
CPU Intel 486, 133 MHz
30 MB free hard drive space
32 MB RAM
- Anti-Spyware on-access scanner is available only on Windows 2000 SP4 + Update Rollup 1, Windows XP SP2, Windows XP Pro x64 Edition SP1 and Windows Vista.
- Firewall component is desktop solution, and is not applicable for network servers.
- On the Linux platform, only the Anti-Virus component is supported.
- It is not currently possible to install AVG remotely on to workstations with Windows Vista.