Norton™ AntiVirus 2012
Powerful protection against viruses and spyware that won't slow you down.
Norton AntiVirus 2012 Key Technologies:
Network mapping and monitoring
Norton AntiVirus 2012 Key Benefits:
1. Eliminates viruses and spyware with the industry's most effective protection
#1-ranked Norton is proven to stop online threats before they can infect your computer.
Four different layers of smart protection detect and eliminate threats so you can rest easy knowing you're protected.
Indentifies and stops new threats faster than other less sophisticated security software.
2. Stay protected without interruptions or slowdownsRanked
#1 in performance, with the fastest speeds in the industry, so it won't slow down your computer.
Runs in the background, so it won't disrupt your work or play.
Won't swallow up your computer¡¯s memory and hard disk space.
3. Get up and running fast with quick setup and easy-to-use features
Installs in less than a minute with a single mouse click.
Proactively tells you if files and applications are safe, or may slow down or crash your computer.
Improved customizable Control Center now lets you choose between a simple or detailed view for accessing program controls and Web-based Norton services.
Norton AntiVirus 2012 Features:
1. Norton Protection System - provides four unique layers of powerful protection proven to stop online threats before they can infect your computer.
2. Insight - checks where files came from and how long they've been around to stops new online threats before they can cause you trouble.
3. Download Insight 2.0 - protects you from dangerous applications by telling you if an application may harm the health and stability of your computer before you download it.
4. SONAR 4 Behavioral Protection - monitors your computer for suspicious behavior to more quickly and accurately detect and stop new threats.
5. Norton Management - is cloud based so you can download, install, transfer, update or renew Norton products from anywhere right over the Internet.
6. Network threat protection - detects threats as they travel over a network and eliminates them before they can reach your computer.
7. Browser protection - smart protection springs into action as your browser begins to load to stop online threats before they can do any harm.
8. Vulnerability protection - stops cybercriminals from using security holes (vulnerabilities) in applications to sneak threats onto your PC.
9. Bandwidth management - limits non-critical Norton updates when you connect to 3G networks so it won¡¯t eat up your monthly data allotment or cause overage fees.
10. Norton Pulse Updates - updates your protection every 5 to15 minutes - without disrupting you - for up-to-the-minute protection against the latest threats.
11. FREE 24x7 support - offers you expert help and answers by phone, email, live chat or online whenever you need it. ***
12. Norton Control Center - gives you easy access to program settings and Web-based Norton services from your choice of a standard detailed view or new simplified view.
13. Email and instant message monitoring - scans email and IMs for suspicious links, attachments and other tricks cybercriminals use to steal your identity and your money.
14. Norton Bootable Recovery Tool - creates an emergency CD/DVD/USB that gets your PC back up and running, even if it's so infected that it won't start up.
15. Silent mode - puts alerts and non-critical updates on hold when you're watching movies or playing games in full-screen on your PC.
Smart scheduler - runs scans and updates only when you're not using your PC.
16. Monthly report - tells you what Norton AntiVirus has done in the previous month to keep you safe from threats.
17. Power saver settings - maximizes your laptop's battery life by putting off non-critical activities until your computer is plugged in.
Norton AntiVirus 2012 System Requirements:
1. Operating Systems SupportedMicrosoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
Microsoft Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate
2. Minimum Hardware Requirements300 MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Microsoft Windows 7
256 MB of RAM
300 MB of available hard disk space
CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
3. Email scanning supported for POP3-compatible email clients
Norton AntiVirus 2012 - 1-Year Protection